Followers

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Do more!

Hi all!
 
I had a client last week determine that this would be the year of progression.  No more doing less.  No more going down in weight.  No more taking the rocks out of the tire, but time to put more in.  I really like the sound of that.  Workouts, like life, is about getting better every time we step out of the door.  Progression is what its all about.  Adapting to more, raising the bar, setting new challenges, and conquering things we once deemed impossible.
 
When I got home from the work day after that appt., I ran my usual loop around the house.  I felt TERRIBLE.  My legs felt like they were filled with concrete.(Even on the downhills!!)  I hadn't slept at all the night before, my nutrition has been less than stellar, and I just felt like crap!  Some would say that just getting out of the door for the run at the end of the day feeling like that would qualify as a success.  "That's more than most people would do"  "Just cut the run short, you're just not feeling it.  "You've run far enough"  I can't let that crap sink into my head.  Its time for a mental/physical "reset".   I have one particular hill at the end that is a mile in length.  I sucked it up and ADDED to the run.  I tackled the hill three times.  I ran to the top and then doubled right back down.  What a mental transformation it is to not listen the voices and completely shut the door on the decision to do less.  Once that door is shut, its no longer an option, and you can just focus on the task at hand.
 
Its time to do more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment