Followers

Thursday, December 6, 2012

What motivates you?

Hi everyone!
I loaned a book to a friend a while back. I tend to read books that motivate, challenge, and educate. (No romance novels for me) When I asked him how the book was going, his response was a reminder that I needed to read more often. It was getting him "focused" and motivated. It was magnifying his passions and leading to a more specific purpose in each workout. My personal experience with motivating books, articles, and stories either get me so hyped up that I can't sleep at night or frustrated that I can't immediately jump into the type of training/racing I'm motivated and inspired to do. Its a two edged sword of hope/happiness followed by "How in the heck would I have time to do that?" Either way, motivation to "Do" will certainly get you to do more than you would have regardless of whether you have time or not. Motivation "can" do amazing things that force you to find the time to accomplish what you're motivated to accomplish. If you don't have time to read, that's another story.
What motivates YOU? Setting a goal race a few months down the road? A particular movie? Competition? An inspiring person? Or to BE an inspiration for someone that looks up to you? Or, it could be that you've gotten to a point that you're so disgusted with yourself that something has to change.
Whatever it is, act on fueling the motivation and keep doing it. Remember; the victory is not at the finish line, its in each step that got you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment