Followers

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hi All,

Belle and I decided to get in a trail run last Thursday in the Sumter National Forest. The plan was to simply go out 30 minutes and double on back. At the 30 minute mark, in spite of feeling like crap, i put my head down and plugged on. At that moment, I had just made a choice. A very simple, but defining choice to not look back, double back, or think back. I knew it meant another ho...ur and half of running, but the principle behind making that choice was far heavier than i knew my legs would be at the end. I havent run any distance worth logging on a calendar since June. It was time to make up my mind. Go back? OR.. Go forward?

We all face that decision multiple times each day. The more times we make the "right" decision, the more often the right decision naturally flows with every choice. I just had a great workout a few minutes ago that reminded of last Thursday. The challenge: 40 lb weighted vest and the goal was 4 miles in 40 minutes. (This idea came from some test Russia has there special forces do) My vest is 48 LBS, and i have only used it on clients vs self. Within 100 yards, I felt like a fat asthematic kid. I wanted to stop, throw the vest in the yard, and enjoy breathing again as soon as possible. Ahhh..the CHOICE again. With last Thursday's lesson in my head, I wouldnt allow my head to even turn back to look toward the house. I put my head down and plugged along. The choice is made at that point. It sure makes thr fight in your head a lot easier to have when the option to turn back is eliminated. Heres the best part.... When you make the right choice, you discover you can, and WOW, event WANT to do more. I decided to drop for 15 pushups at each 10 minute mark and another 15 at the finish before I could hit the stop button on my watch. Interesting...From wanting to quit at the start to craving more within split seconds after the choice was made. The time stopped at 35 and change. I dont have any idea if thats good or bad...Who cares. Its GREAT because of the CHOICE. Define yourself today and choose to challenge, reach, learn, explore, and move FORWARD.

1 comment:

  1. caregiver - TheCaregiverSpace.org is a free social network that provides informations details and Caregivers Support

    ReplyDelete