Followers

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hi All,

I did a rare thing on Saturday. I was a spectator of a marathon. My sister ran the Spinx Runfest marathon in Greenville. I showed up with signs and cowbell to cheer her on. I've been a spectator for a handful of races in my life, and the conclusion is the same. I HATE watching. It makes me feel like I am missing life. There is a drastic difference in the faces of those participatin...g and the faces of those that aren't. The faces that aren't are almost empty. It never fails to motivate though to get out there and "be IN the arena". (my favorite Roosevelt quote comes to mind) I don't want to be a poor and timid soul that knows neither victory or defeat. My sister did an amazing job and crushed her goal time for finishing the 26.2 miles. After winning this race 3 years ago to watching my sister's elation as she crossed the line, I am quite motivated to NOT be a spectator in the near future at a race. There is a HUGE difference in the lives of DOERS and the lives of watchers. Who are you going to be? GREAT JOB sis! I am DOING this particular race with you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment